News from Lasdon Park on a special tour offering of its main house:
Learn all about the history of one of Westchester County’s most beautiful parks during a tour of its main house on Sunday, September 16, at Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial in Somers.
Beginning at 2 p.m., Lasdon horticulturist Tolly Beck will lead a guided tour of the lovely main house as she relates the history of the 234-acre park. Originally known as Cobbling Brook Farm, it was purchased in 1939 by pharmaceutical giant and philanthropist William Lasdon for use as his family’s country estate and who owned it until 1986 when it was purchased by Westchester County.
Admission and parking are free. Reservations are required for this program.
Lasdon is a Westchester County Park located on Route 35 in Somers.
For information and to make a reservation, call (914) 864-7263. Go to westchestergov.com/parks <http://www.westchestergov.com/parks> for information about Lasdon and all Westchester County Parks.