Just received an email from Briarcliff School Superintendent Neal Miller thanking the community for approving the budget and bond proposition.
Here is his message send to all Briarcliff residents:
Thank you to the Briarcliff Community for your support of our district budget and facilities improvement proposition. Both passed last night by significant margins, which shows the strong support our community has for its schools and the children of Briarcliff Manor. With an 81% voter approval on the budget, one of the highest in the area, I am pleased that you recognized the many elements of the budget that were preserved in a very difficult economic climate. The budget you passed will provide:
• a Tax Levy below the tax cap
• the continuation of all teacher positions
• the continuation of all district programs
• an enhanced Technology budget
• an enhanced Professional Development budget
• a Security Consultant & safety improvement
• the full funding of Reading Street & Singapore Math at Todd
• a class size reduction at each building
71% of voters approved the facilities improvement bond that will provide:
• a stadium field and baseball field with synthetic turf
• Todd educational murals
• facility upgrades at Todd
• an Exploring Music Lab at the middle school
• a new state-of-the art high school science lab
• the expansion of the high school fitness center
• computer lab upgrades at each school
In addition, I congratulate Dina Brantman and Michael Haberman on their election to the Briarcliff Manor Board of Education. Their terms will begin July 1, 2012.
Emerson wrote, “The secret of education lies in respecting the pupil.” I applaud the great respect you have shown our students, and I write this message with gratitude and enthusiasm for all that your positive votes will provide our students in the coming year and beyond.
Neal S. Miller
Superintendent of Schools